Thursday, April 19, 2012

Knox Blocks

I never remember what proportions of Jello and Knox Blocks go in this recipe.  I made them a couple of weeks ago, though, and this recipe turned out just right.  Better write it down before I'm scratching my head and wondering again in a month.  Evan remembers this treat from childhood, and loves it.


Knox Blocks

3 envelopes Knox gelatin
4 cups boiling water
4 pkg. (3 oz. each) Jello


Mix gelatin and Jello in a heat-safe bowl.  Pour in boiling water and stir briskly until completely dissolved.  Pour in a 13x9 pan.  Cool in fridge for 4-5 hours.  These are very firm blocks, easy to eat with your hands!

You can choose any four flavors of Jello.  We like 2 boxes of grape and 2 boxes of cranberry, but it's fun to try new combinations!

1 comment:

  1. I will be making these for sure. Tucker's been harassing me to make Jello but i have been putting it off because everytime I make it, it is just a sloppy mess. Hello Knox gelatin- I've found my new ingredient.

    ReplyDelete