Friday, May 6, 2011

Honey Peanut Chicken with Sesame Noodles

This recipe somewhat mimics a dish that Evan ordered the one time we went to Cheesecake Factory.  Except I think this version is better!  This recipe is from the Tasty Kitchen blog.  I had been wanting to try the Sesame Noodles from Pioneer Woman, and they match nicely.

Thai Honey Peanut Chicken
  • 2 lbs. chicken, cut into chunks
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce (maybe start with a little less; Evan felt it was too salty this last time)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 T lime juice
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic (2 large cloves)
  • 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. curry powder
  • 2 tsp. Sriracha (optional)
Mix all ingredients together and marinate chicken 2-3 hours.  Cook chicken in the sauce over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes or until chicken is done.  Reduce heat to medium low and add pre-cooked veggies if desired.  Serve with sesame seeds. 

Sesame Noodles
  • 12 ounces thin noodles, cooked and drained (I cook a 16 oz. package of angel hair pasta, and give the kids the other four ounces with butter)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 T sugar
  • 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 T rice vinegar
  • 2 to 3 T pure sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp. hot chile oil (I use the Sriracha, not sure if that's what this is calling for, but it works!)
  • 4 to 5 T canola oil
  • 2 T hot water (this seems pointless, I've never added this)
  • 3 to 4 green onions, sliced thin
Whisk together all ingredients (except noodles and green onions).  Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with green onions and toss again.

I had this recipe printed out forever before I actually made it.  It looked yummy, but it required me to to go out and buy three specific ingredients.  I try not to make things that require more than two novel ingredients.  However, the sesame oil and the rice vinegar keep well in the cupboard, and I have seen them in other recipes.  They might be handy to have on hand. These noodles are yummy enough I am glad I bought the exotic ingredients!

1 comment: